Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Decisions

Big decisions were made today at the Bridgewater house! Big, hard, decisions! We made the decision to move Abby out of the local public school into a public magnet school. We have been wanting to make a move for a while, but were not sure what the "right" move would be. We have not been able to find a private school we were happy with, but now, I think we are over the moon with this decision! Abby went from being very excited, to tearful and worried about the unknown, to very excited, as this was a move she really wanted! I think this will be good. I was not happy with the direction of our current elementary, having the 6th grade in the trailers all year, moving around from class to class or trailer to trailer. It just worries me. I was not at all worried with what I saw at her new school! I think my baby girl is going to THRIVE!!! Stay tuned! She is going for a tour on Friday!

3 comments:

Jeff Leaf said...

The new blog looks great. Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Good luck to Abby in her new school.

Jackie said...

We are excited for Abby. This will be a positive move for her. We sure do miss her and Emma. It is very quiet in the motor home.

Lorie Miller said...

Abby,

Working at a Magnet School, I can tell you they are totally awesome. You will do super and make so many friends. Does your Magnet School have a subject specialty? My school is Science and Technology. Enjoy the tour. Have fun at camp CoHoLo. I hope to see you when you come to Omaha. Do you have any fairies left? I would like to buy some.