Wednesday, July 15, 2009

13


13... I think I could just leave it there, and all of the mothers out there would go ahh, yep, I know. Even if their own children are just preschoolers, they know, as they were once 13, and they KNOW what they have coming.
I am thinking about my Christmas letter this year... (I know, Christmas in July). What will it say? I will talk about all of my 13 year olds achievements. Her big heart, her love of reading and her being asked to be on the school paper, her love of track. I will not probably mention how every time you look at her she cries, how she goes from laughing to crying in a matter of 2 seconds, how her room is a mess, and how I see the struggle between the woman she is to become and the child she still wants to be every day. I think that whoever decided that 13 was an unlucky number must have had a 13 themselves.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Dad and I loved the post about Emma. Having just had her and Abby for a week we do know that you are not exaggerating. She will out grow all of this (we hope), surely that messy room won't last forever, LOL. I remember when her mom was 13. . . .

Parked in Parker said...

She really is a GREAT kid. It is those darn hormones!! Luckily I am used to working with a bunch of hormonal women!

Nancy said...

Hi Kristi! Emma is turning into such a young lady! I feel your pain...Nicholas will turn 13 in 9 months. I have no idea how we got here so fast.

Nicholas had a great time in Yellowstone. They were only there for 2 days, but they saw lots of wildlife and geysers. He loved it.

I am so glad you have this blog and we can keep up with one another!