Saturday, August 8, 2009

S'mores and Guiness

Abby enjoys her s'more
Cooking dinner over the open flame
This is how Frannie was most of the weekend, trying to get away from Guiness.
Isn't this just the cutest photo of Guiness. He looks like this naturally! No grooming!

We have been watching our friends puppy this weekend... Wow! You forget how much work a puppy really is! I think that is why God made them so cute and cuddly, otherwise, NO ONE would own a dog willingly. I have spent a lot of time with Guiness under my feet this weekend, saying "NO Guiness", saying "Stupid Dog", which really isn't very nice, because he is not dumb, he is a puppy! He is a lot of work, and I seem to be the chosen person of the weekend that he loves. (hope that doesn't mean I have to pick up the poop) Great thing about Guiness, he doesn't shed, he is full of energy, doesn't bark, and and is sweet as pie!




Our other fun weekend activity so far has been to have a cook out in the backyard over the fire pit. Poor Emma was babysitting. so she missed all of the fun, excitement and good food.! Nothing like a good hotdog over an open fire that you cook yourself. We also made yummy s'mores! The excitement was when the mean neighbor behind us called the fire department. Seriously... The truck came, parked in front of our house, and gave us a burn permit. Nice Parker Firemen. Mean Neighbor... We invited the firemen to stay for s'mores, but they declined. Darn.


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Guiness is so darn cute!
Is he a golden doodle? That is my dream dog :) rsf
p.s. I am loving the new blog

Jackie said...

Same neighbor that calls the owls? What a fun guy he is :) The fire pitt looks great. Love all the pictures.

Parked in Parker said...

Yes, Mom, same lovely neighbor with the owl. Who does the kind of stuff he does??

Hi Rebecca!! I have your t shirt, but I am not sure where to send it! The puppy is a soft haired wheaten (spelling) terrier. He is really good, soft, and doesn't shed AND is the perfect size!!! LOVE HIM! Wish I could find one who is about 3 and trained! Haha!

Shannon said...

I bet Hobbes enjoyed the puppy!!! What about the cats?

Sharon said...

Interesting neighbor you have there. Guiness is cute in a moppy sort of way. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Abby and Emma,

How does it feel to be a 6th grader and an 8th grader? I am so happy to be out of school, it has been 40 years since I was in 6th grade. The things you learn now in 6th and 8th grade I probably learned years later, or have not learned yet. Guiness is adorable, and I sure he was spoiled by all of you. School starts for OPS on Monday. I am ready but not ready. Enjoy your Sunday. Sweet dreams. Keeping you in my prayers.

Teacher: If I give you two rabbits and two rabbits and another two rabbits, how many rabbits have you got?

Patty: Seven!

Teacher: No, listen carefully again. If I give you two rabbits and two rabbits and another two rabbits, how many rabbits have you got?

Patty: Seven!

Teacher: Let's try this another way. If I give you two apples and two apples and another two apples, how many apples have you got?

Patty: Six.

Teacher: Good. Now if I give you two rabbits and two rabbits and another two rabbits, how many rabbits have you got?

Patty: Seven!

Teacher: How on earth do you work out that three lots of two rabbits is seven?

Patty: I've already got one rabbit at home now!

Lorie Miller said...

Abby and Emma,

The anonymous email was from me. I must have hit the wrong box.