Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Staycation

Chris and girls at Black Canyon of the Gunnison
Random roadside stop. Just a good picture op..
Sunset at the Royal Gorge. When you show up 2 hours prior to closing you get in 1/2 price!
We had the Royal Gorge pretty much to ourselves except for the lovely newlyweds from Florida, originally from Mississippi, and the Crabby old Couple. Yes there is a story.

The Bridgewater's are on Staycation this week. What is Staycation you ask? Well, it is when you don't have work, and you don't have school, and you don't plan a big trip, but you throw your stuff in the car and DRIVE! It is so fun! We live in a state that most people FLOCK to for vacation! Well, the Bridgewater's are taking advantage this year with a Staycation. We are staying in Colorado. Our Staycation has taken us to southwest Colorado, which is now my favorite part of our state. What is very unfortunate is that most people tend to stick with the I-70 corridor. You know, Dillon, Aspen, or Vail. If the get off of I-70 they go to Estes Park. Don't get me wrong, all very beautiful, however, after coming to this part of the state, I don't think that they even touch how beautiful it is here!!! Durango, Silverton, Euray, the Black Canyon of the Gunnison... I have traveled quite a bit and I think this is some of the most beautiful country I have ever seen. We have had a great time as a family, traveling the countryside without a plan, without a goal, without a time table. I highly recommend it. I have a lot of photos to share, a lot of stories to share, but here is something to get you started!!!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Love the pictures and the explanation of "staycation". So glad that you had that trip.
Love ya, Mom